Home Inspector Joseph Tribuzio 450.003128 Serving the greater Chicago area of Illinois
I recently took a course on the physics of RADON 222
Ten facts about RADON:
1. Radon gas is noble & heaviest gas on periodic table.
2. Radon is the largest source of exposure to radioactivity.
3. Alpha particles are emitted from the decay of radon gas;
4. Alpha particles are very light- they have a helium nucleus.
5. Radon is not limited to the basement, the forces that draw it in to the home will continue to draw it up into living areas.
6. The SURGEON GENERAL , on Jan 13, 2005 issued a
7. Radon gas is a class A Carcinogen ( group 1)
8. Radon is spontaneous and unpredictable
9. Uranium decay chain leads to Radon which decays
10. Radon mitigation (reduction) systems CAN also
Got a question? call me at (708) 456 1423